What you’ll need
- 500g strawberries hulled
- 1 banana
- 2/3 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup lowfat milk
How to make it
- Ask your child to wash the fresh strawberries, hull them, and pat them dry. Peel the banana and slice it in half or in quarters, then place all the fruit in an electric blender.
- Spoon the yogurt into the blender, then pour in the milk. After sealing the lid, press the puree button and blend until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the shake into four glasses. For a creative presentation, have your child garnish each drink with a fruit kebob (a strawberry and banana slice threaded on a bamboo skewer) and a colorful plastic straw.
- TIP: An adult should always be present when children use a blender. Keep the blender away from water and make sure the lid is tightly shut before pressing the puree button.
- To make Frozen Strawberry Pops, pour smoothie mixture into a Popsicle mold or into small paper cups, cover with foil then insert a craft stick.
- Carefully pour the Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie mixture into a plastic Popsicle mold. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours. Dip the mold in warm water, then unmold the Popsicles. Makes 6 to 8 Popsicles.